Using voice commands in an Infiniti Q50 can be a convenient way to control various functions and features of the vehicle’s infotainment system without taking your hands off the steering wheel. Here’s a general guideline on how to use voice commands, but please note that the exact commands and procedures may vary based on the model year and trim level of your vehicle:
- Start the Vehicle: Ensure that your vehicle is turned on and running.
- Activate Voice Recognition: In most cases, you can activate the voice recognition system by pressing a dedicated button on the steering wheel or infotainment system. This button may have a microphone icon or be labeled “Voice,” “Talk,” or something similar.
- Wait for the Prompt: After pressing the voice recognition button, wait for a prompt or chime that indicates the system is ready to listen for your voice command.
- Speak Clearly: Speak your voice command clearly and naturally. Use the commands and phrases you’ve learned based on the infotainment system’s supported functions.
- Wait for Response: The infotainment system will process your voice command and respond accordingly. This might involve displaying information on the screen, changing settings, or performing the requested action.
- Follow Prompts: The infotainment system might prompt you with specific instructions or ask for additional information to complete the task. Listen to these prompts and respond accordingly.
- Common Voice Commands: Here are some examples of common voice commands you might use in your Infiniti Q50:
- “Call [contact name]”
- “Navigate to [destination]”
- “Play [artist/album/song]”
- “Set temperature to [temperature]”
- “Find nearby [point of interest]”
- “Adjust [feature] to [setting]”
- “Cancel” or “Go back”
- End Voice Session: When you’re finished using voice commands, you can usually end the session by pressing the voice recognition button again or simply waiting for a period of inactivity.
It’s important to familiarize yourself with the specific voice commands supported by your vehicle’s infotainment system, as well as any voice recognition limitations. For detailed instructions tailored to your vehicle’s features, I recommend referring to your vehicle’s owner’s manual. If you’re new to using voice commands, it might take some practice to become comfortable with the system’s capabilities and command structures.
Here are a few videos that can help with Voice Recognition in the Q50:
- Infiniti voice command part 2 using learning mode – Video
- 2016 Infiniti Q50 – Voice Recognition – Video
- 2015 Infiniti Q50 – Voice Guidance – Video