In an Infiniti Q50, you can generally fold down the rear seats to expand the trunk space for carrying larger items. Here’s a general guideline on how to do this, but please keep in mind that the specific steps may vary based on the model year and trim level of your vehicle:
- Clear the Rear Area: Before you start folding down the rear seats, make sure there are no items on the seats or in the footwell area.
- Locate the Seat Release Levers: Look for the seat release levers located at the top of the backrests of the rear seats, near the edges of the seats.
- Release the Seat Backrests: Pull the seat release lever for each seat you want to fold down. This will release the backrest, allowing it to be folded down.
- Fold Down the Backrests: Once the seat release lever is pulled, push the backrest forward. Depending on the model, the backrest might fold down in one piece or have a split-folding feature, allowing you to fold one side down independently.
- Secure the Seat Belts (if necessary): As you fold down the seat backrests, make sure to secure the seat belts so that they don’t get caught or damaged.
- Check the Trunk Space: With the backrests folded down, you should now have expanded trunk space to accommodate larger items.
- Restoring the Seats: To restore the rear seats to their original position, simply lift the backrests back into place until they lock securely.
It’s important to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for specific instructions and any additional steps or precautions related to folding down the rear seats in your particular Infiniti Q50 model. The seat release mechanisms and seat folding mechanisms can vary based on different model years and trim levels. If you’re unsure about how to fold down the rear seats in your specific vehicle, contacting your local Infiniti dealership for assistance is recommended.
Here are a few videos that might help with the rear seats of an Infiniti Q50:
- 2020 INFINITI Q50 – Seat Adjustments – Video
- Removing back seats Infiniti Q50 – Video
- 2019 INFINITI Q50 – Trunk Pass-Through – Video